Home > Enroll > New Student

New Student

New Students

New Students are new to college or are recent high school graduates. We are glad you are considering Pikes Peak State College! Follow the steps below to become a student, or browse these resources to learn more about us.
Download a ViewbookVisit CampusHelpful Tips

New Students are new to college or are recent high school graduates.

We are glad you are considering Pikes Peak State College! Follow the steps below to become a student at Pikes Peak State.


PPSC Students Studying

1. Apply for Admission to Pikes Peak State

  • The admission application is free! 
  • You can apply at any time of the year.
  • You will be accepted as a Pikes Peak State College student. 

View the Admission Application Tutorial.
Tutorial de Solicitud de Admisión para Pikes Peak State en Español.

Connect with an admissions counselor once you are admitted as a student. They will help you prepare for the semester and create a plan based on your goals for classes and paying for college. 


2. Complete Mandatory New Student Orientation

New students must complete the mandatory New Student Orientation. The orientation is offered on-demand online.

All new students must complete the orientation before registering for classes.

PPSC Student Studying
PPSC Students Studying

3. Meet with an academic advisor

You will meet with an advisor by phone or through a virtual appointment. They will talk with you about your goals and help you select classes that you can be successful in. 

Before you meet with an advisor, submit any high school transcripts, college transcripts, or test scores that you have by using the Academic History Form

It's best if you are at a computer when you meet with an advisor so that you can register for the classes they recommend. 

Your Academic Advisor can also help you decide if you should enroll in co-requisite classes or challenge for placement into college-level classes. Learn about placement testing and co-requisite course information.

4. Make a Plan to Pay for College

There are several ways that Pikes Peak students pay for their education. 

1. Submit the FAFSA or CASFA.
 Financial aid is based on your income and offered in multiple forms:

  • Grants (money you do not pay back)
  • Loans (money you must pay back)
  • Work Study (a type of student employment) 
  • Scholarships (money you do not pay back)

Complete your FAFSA for the desired aid year OR update your FAFSA with Pikes Peak's school code: 008896. If you are not eligible to submit the FAFSA based on your citizenship status, learn about ASSET and submit the Colorado Application for Student Financial Aid (CASFA). 

If you need help completing the FAFSA or CASFA, we encourage you to attend a FAFSA Lab, or visit the Centennial or Rampart Range campuses to meet with a Financial Aid Advisor.
Learn more about Financial Aid

2. Apply for College Opportunity Fund (COF)

COF is a tuition contribution provided by the State of Colorado to students who meet the qualifications to receive in-state tuition rates.
Apply for COF

3. Apply for Scholarships 

Apply for Pikes Peak State College scholarships using the general Pikes Peak State scholarship application. The application is open between November and February.
Apply for Scholarships

4. Self-Pay 

Pikes Peak State College offers many self-payment options

PPSC Rampart Range Campus
PPSC students laughing during class

5. Register for Classes

Class registration begins leading up to the fall, spring, and summer semesters. 

Fall 2022 semester: Registration is open!
Spring 2023 semester: Registration opens mid-October 2022.

Each semester has more than one parts of term. View the academic calendar to see your options. 

PPSC Enrollment Services at Centennial Campus

Monday | 8 am - 6 pm (5 pm - 6 pm remote services only)
Tuesday | 8 am - 6 pm (5 pm - 6 pm remote services only)
Wednesday | 8 am - 5 pm
Thursday | 8 am - 5 pm
Friday | 9 am - 5 pm
Saturday & Sunday | Closed

Room A110, Aspen Building
5675 S. Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Room S102 
2070 Interquest Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80921

Room S102
100 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903


Fill out this form and our team will get back to you soon!

Contact Us

Enrollment Services


(719) 502-2000