Home > Enroll > International Students

International Students


Pikes Peak is a great place for international students to begin or continue their educational journey. We have flexible class times including evening and weekend classes and a variety of degrees that will transfer into multiple 4 year universities. At Pikes Peak State, students can begin work toward a bachelor's degree or graduate with a technical degree.
catalog linkapply to pikes peak


As of 01/12/2023, PPSC is not accepting F-1 or M-1 international student applications until further notice. Our application process is under review and will be posted once PPSC is accepting applications again.


Girl with glasses writing in notebook

Important Announcements

Apply and submit all required I-20 documents by:
  • November 15th for Spring Semester - classes begin in mid-January
  • April 1st for Summer Semester - classes begin at the end of May
  • July 1st for Fall Semester - classes begin at the end of August

*If you already have an F-1 or M-1 visa, the transfer student application and document deadline is 2 weeks prior to the first day of classes for the semester.

*Form I-20 will be issued after all required documents have been submitted and reviewed for acceptance.

Bachelors, Certificate, and ESL programs are not eligible for F-1 visa holders at Pikes Peak at this time. Please contact our office for more details at international@Pikes Peak.edu.

Not an F-1 or M-1 Visa Student?
If you are in the USA on another type of visa, are a permanent resident or have another type of immigration status, and do not wish to obtain an F-1 or M-1 visa, your admission is the same as other students. Become a student today!

How to Apply: Prospective International Students

If you would like to attend Pikes Peak with an F-1 visa to earn a degree - you must first apply for an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility to get admission to the college. After receiving your I-20, you may then begin the process of applying for an F-1 visa.

For more specific descriptions about our admission and I-20 requirements, you can download our admissions requirements and cost of attendance.For detailed steps on the F-1 visa process, please contact your international representative at the bottom of this page. You may also review Study in the States website, from the U.S. Department of State, to learn more about the international student cycle.

Required I-20 Application Documents

  1. Online Application for Admission to Pikes Peak State College. Please select "F-1 Visa" under citizenship type when you reach that area of the application.

    After you apply, you will receive detailed communication and instruction from your assigned international representative within 2 business days. 
  2. Copy of passport information page

  3. Proof of English Language Proficiency. We accept Duolingo English Test, TOEFLIELTS, or TOEIC test scores. Please see the section below on English Proficiency Requirements for all options available to meet English Language Proficiency. 
  4. International Student Financial Statement & Student Information Form (sent after you apply) 

  5. Original bank statements dated within the last six months that show you have sufficient funds for one year of study. The statements must be on original bank letterhead.
  6. Sponsor letter (if supported by an individual or organization)

  7. High school graduation certificate OR unofficial transcript and/or college transcripts

  8. Course Placement Testing. All international students must take Math and English placement tests to place into college-level courses before being admitted. There are online options as well as in-person options offered by the Testing Center.
Woman in hijab doing classwork
Rampart Campus lobby

For Transfer Students Only:

In addition to the above documents, please also submit the following:

  1. Copy of F-1/M-1 visa, current I-20, and most recent I-94
  2. College transcripts

  3. Transfer form, completed by international student advisor at your current school that proves you are in good standing academically and with your F-1 or M-1 visa (will be sent after you are accepted)

The minimum GPA required to transfer to Pikes Peak is 2.0.

Students who have a terminated SEVIS record are not eligible for transfer to Pikes Peak State.


students sitting in student center

English Proficiency Requirements

ATTENTION: Pikes Peak is not issuing I-20's for the English as a Second Language (ESL) program at this time. English proficiency scores must meet the requirement for degree courses without supplemental ESL courses. However, ESL courses can be taken in addition to the degree program as long as all requirements of the F-1 visa are met. Please contact your Pikes Peak international representative for more information. 

One of the following is needed as evidence of English proficiency:

  • Duolingo English Test: Minimum Score of 110
  • TOEFL (Test of English as  Foreign Language): Minimum Score of 80
    • Note: PPSC's institution code for TOEFL is 4291
    • PPSC only accepts TOEFL IBT scores
  • IELTS (English Language Test System): Minimum Score of 6.5
  • TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication): Minimum Score of 750
  • Transcripts, Certificate or Diploma showing graduation from an English language school or intensive program of English as a Second Language (ESL)
  • Transcripts showing passing an equivalent college-level English course in the U.S.
  • If already in the US, passing score on the English as a Second Language (ESL)- four part Accuplacer Test, taken on-site at Pikes Peak State College.
  • Proof of Coursework Completion with following credentials:
      1. Gambia - WAEC/WASSC (Grade of C4 or higher on the English Exam)
      2. UK and UK-style schools: Cambridge GCSE/IGCSE/O-Levels: Grade of C or higher on the English exam (old/letter grading scale) or 4 or higher on the English exam (new/numerical grading scale)
      3. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education: Grade of B- or higher on the English exam
      4. South Africa: National Senior Certificate: Grade of 60% or higher on the English Home Language exam or National Benchmark Test: Grade of 69 or higher on the English-version Academic Literacy portion
NOTE: Visa-seeking international citizens from these select countries are exempt from providing English proficiency test scores with their application package.
  • Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, United Kingdom


Placement Testing for International Students

Per F-1 visa regulations, international students must be fully accepted to their degree program to receive an I-20. To be fully accepted to a degree program and to determine whether college support courses are needed, students must complete placement testing prior to receiving an I-20. 

Follow the instructions in the handout below to complete the placement testing that best suits your needs. For questions about placement testing, please contact our office at international@pikespeak.edu.

Picture of Centennial Campus Lobby
students sitting outside

Financial Documentation Requirements

To receive an I-20, students must submit original banks documents dated within the last six (6) months that show you have sufficient funds for one academic year of study and living expenses. 

Amount Required for students starting in the Fall or Spring semesters* (9 Months): 
  • $33,550 USD for independent students
  • $19,750 USD for students living with a housing sponsor in the US at no cost 
  • $5,000 USD for a spouse and $3,750 USD for each child
Amount Required for students starting in the Summer semester* (12 Months):
  • $43,560 USD is required for independent students
  • $26,750 USD for students living with a housing sponsor in the US at no cost 
  • $6,670 USD for a spouse and $5,000 USD for each child
International students beginning in the Summer semester are required to enroll in Summer, Fall and Spring semesters to equal a full 12 months. Because of this, students beginning in the Summer semester must document funds to cover an additional 3 months.

*Amounts as of July 2022. Cost may be adjusted based on current estimates.

Quick Guidelines for International Students

Academic Load and Performance

  • International students must enroll full-time in a minimum of 12 credit hours for the Fall and Spring semesters. Students are not required to enroll in the Summer semester unless it is their first semester, where they must enroll full-time.
  • Students are expected to earn at lest 2.0 grade point average each semester. 
Financial Assistance and Scholarships
  • Unfortunately, financial assistance and scholarship are not available for international students at Pikes Peak State College. All international students must have sufficient funds for their entire length of study.
International Transcript Evaluation
  • If Pikes Peak is not able to verify international transcripts for admission, we may request that the student conduct a general analysis with a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) institution. 
  • Students who have attended international institutions and want their credits evaluated for transfer must first have the transcripts evaluated by a recognized member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) and have an official copy of their course-by-course credit evaluation report sent directly to Pikes Peak State College's Record's department. Please see detailed information on our International Transcript Evaluation Website. 
  • Pikes Peak State College does not provide apartments or dormitory facilities for students. Students are responsible for securing their own housing.
Health Insurance
  • Pikes Peak State College recommends that international students obtain medical insurance coverage while in the U.S. You are not required to purchase a policy from one of the companies listed below, but they are options available to international students: 

Want to Network at Pikes Peak? 

Student wearing sashes and shaking hands at commencement

Contact Us

Pikes Peak's International Representatives

Sarah Webber, PDSO
Email: Sarah.Webber@pikespeak.edu

Office Location

Pikes Peak State College
5675 S. Academy Blvd 
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Please note that our office works in a hybrid remote/in-person format. Please contact us first if you wish to meet an international representative on-campus. 

If you are a prospective F-1 or M-1 visa student, please send us an inquiry through our inquiry form below or email us at International@pikespeak.edu.

Phone: 719-502-3263 (For F-1 or M-1 Visa questions)
From outside the U.S. (U.S. Country Code 01) + 719-502-3263