Home > Enroll > Transfer Student

Transfer Student

We are glad you are considering transferring to Pikes Peak State College! 


Transfer students have previous college credits, and intend to transfer those credits to Pikes Peak State. 

If you are a transfer student, follow the steps for success below,  from applying to preparing for your first semester and beyond! 

If you are not sure where to start, get stuck at any point during the registration process below, have specific questions about your situation, or just want to connect with someone at the college, we are here for you. 

PPSC Students Studying

1. Apply for admission to Pikes Peak State

  • Applying to Pikes Peak State is free and there are no essays, tests, or transcripts required to apply.
  • There is no application deadline, so you can apply on your own time. 
  • It takes most students about 10 minutes to complete the online application.
  • If you've attended or applied in the past year, you are an active student and do not need to reapply.

📽️ Video: Submitting Your Admission Application 


Lightbulb graphic with blue backgroundIf you have questions about being a Pikes Peak student, or if you would like assistance completing your admission application, connect with our recruitment team.


lightbulb graphic with blue background

We are here for you!

If you are not sure where to start, get stuck at any point during the registration process below, have specific questions about your situation, or just want to connect with someone at the college, we are here for you.

Preparing to register takes different steps that will vary depending on your academic and professional history, your program of study, and your goals  - we can help you personalize your experience and next steps so you don’t have to guess.

After you have completed your admission application, send copies of your official transcripts to Pikes Peak.

Once your transcripts have been evaluated, you should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor for guidance.

You will meet with an academic advisor in-person, virtually or by phone to plan your degree and talk about any necessary placement tests. 

Bring these with you to your academic advising appointment:

  • Photo ID
  • Any college transcripts (unofficial)
  • Your student number (S#) and myPikesPeak Portal password

If you graduated high school within the last five years, also bring:

  • High school transcripts (unofficial)
  • ACT and/or SAT scores
  • Official College Board transcripts (IB or college-level courses)

2. Log into myPikesPeak Portal

myPikesPeak Portal is your hub for online student services at Pikes Peak State. After you apply, you will receive your Student ID number and instructions to log in to myPikes Peak Portal. 

Tip: Be sure to remember the new password you create the first time you log in to myPikesPeak Portal - you will need it to log in to other resources and for any appointments you have with our team. 

Once you log in, you will find important tools to support your success including registration, financial aid, online classes, your class schedule, payment information, student email, and more!


PPSC Broadcast student speaking on microphone

PPSC student on a computer

3. Submit Official transcripts

Order and submit your official transcripts from all previous college classes to our Records Department. This is an important step - your academic history and your program of study will have an impact on which classes you will take, especially during your first semester.

Once your transcripts have been evaluated, check Degree Check to see how your credits transferred and applied to your degree at Pikes Peak.

📽️ Video: How to Order and Submit Your Transcripts 


4. Prepare to Register

Navigate To-Dos will help you keep track of the important tasks you need to complete before, during, and after a semester. Review and complete your personalized To-Do items, which may include connecting with certain teams on campus, financial aid, degree planning, and more.

To access your To-Do Items:

  1. Log in to myPikesPeak Portal.
  2. Click on the Navigate icon on your dashboard.
  3. Select your To-Do list on the home page menu.

📽️ Video: How to Log in to Navigate

Log in to Navigate

It is essential for registration planning that you have the correct major(s) selected. Your major will determine which classes you will need to take to reach your goals, which classes financial aid will pay for, and much more.

To review your major and degree path:

  1. Log into myPikes Peak Portal.
  2. Click on the Degree Check icon on your dashboard.
  3. Review your major, and preview the requirements you’ll need to complete for that degree.

Review Your Major

If you need to change your major, add a major, or you are not sure which major to select to reach your goals, we highly suggest connecting with us before changing your major so we can help you determine what that will mean for you and your goals.

Transfer students are not required to complete New Student Orientation, but it will help you have a successful start at PPSC. The orientation is offered on-demand online and will help you through your next steps. You can always refer back to it for a refresher of the information that is covered.

To access New Student Orientation:

  1. Log into myPikesPeak Portal.
  2. Click the "Student" tab at the top of the screen. 
  3. Click New Student Orientation to log in as a student.

Complete New Student Orientation 

Your academic history and your program of study will have an impact on which classes you will take, especially during your first semester. You can review placement options, but it is best to talk to our team of experts to ensure you get placed in classes correctly. Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to discuss your placement options. 

Meet with an Academic Advisor

ppsc advisor helping student


ppsc rampart range campus

5. Make a Plan to Pay

Registering for classes will create a tuition bill. It’s an essential part of your success as a student that you have a plan for how you will pay for that bill. 

📽️ Video: How to View and Pay your Bill 

Tip: You will not have a bill until after you register for classes. If you are using financial aid or other benefits, keep in mind that those do not always cover your full bill. Check on your bill for any remaining balance that you are responsible for throughout the semester. 

Financial Aid begins with submitting your financial aid application – the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for U.S. residents or the CASFA) for eligible non-residents. After your financial aid application is complete, you may qualify for grants, loans, work study, and/or scholarships to help you pay for your education.

Complete your FAFSA for the desired aid year OR update your FAFSA with Pikes Peak's school code: 008896. If you are not eligible to submit the FAFSA based on your citizenship status, learn about ASSET and submit the Colorado Application for Student Financial Aid (CASFA).


COF is a tuition discount provided by the State of Colorado for students who meet the qualifications to receive in-state tuition rates.

📽️ Video: How to Apply for & Authorize COF


The Colorado Promise Tax Credit offers a tuition reimbursement in the form a tax credit for your first two years of college. You may be eligible if your family income is $90,000 or less. Learn more about eligibility requirements and how it works if you think you qualify. 

Learn more about the colorado promise Tax Credit 

Apply for Pikes Peak State College scholarships using the general Pikes Peak State scholarship application. Keep an eye on  the scholarships web page and your email for information on when the scholarship application is open. 

Apply for Scholarships

Some students have benefits from the Military, a Promise Program, or an employer to help pay for their education. If you have any of these benefits, be sure to check with the source of the funds and complete any of their requirements.

Sometimes, financial aid and other benefits will not cover your full tuition bill. If that is the case, you are responsible for paying your remaining balance.

Many students do not use financial aid or other benefits and pay for their education out of pocket. 

Either way, it is important that you regularly review your bill so you know what you will need to pay. PPSC offers many self-payment options, including payment plans, to help.

Learn more about Self-Payment Options

View answers to frequently asked questions about paying for college and other topics to help you be successful this semester and beyond. 

Tips on Paying for College


6. Register for Classes

Once you are ready to register, log into Navigate to plan for, schedule, and register for your classes. Registration begins leading up to each semester – be sure to check your email for reminders about when registration begins.

Each semester has more than one parts of term. View the academic calendar to see your options

Review our step-by-step guide for how to register for classes. Don’t forget that we are here to help if you run into any issues!

PPSC Students Studying


ppsc instructor duringclass

7. Prepare for Classes

Class Success Tips

After you have registered for your first classes, be sure to think about how you will be successful. Review the Helpful Tips webpage, browse our how-to videos for class success tips, and don’t forget to reach out if you have any questions!

Review Helpful Tips Webpage

Browse Class Success Videos 

Review Your Bill Often

Remember, it’s important to have a plan for how you will pay for classes. As you add or drop classes, and after drop dates for your classes, it’s important to review your tuition bill. Be sure to reach out to Student Accounts early if you have any questions or concerns about your bill.

Video: Review Financial Aid Overview

Video: How to View and Pay Your Bill


ppcc enrollment services at centennial campus

Centennial & Rampart Range Campuses:
Monday | 8 am - 6 pm (5 pm - 6 pm remote services only)
Tuesday | 8 am - 6 pm (5 pm - 6 pm remote services only)
Wednesday | 8 am - 5 pm
Thursday | 8 am - 5 pm
Friday | 9 am - 5 pm
Saturday & Sunday | Closed

Downtown Studio Campus:
Open only Tuesdays by appointment

Room A110, Aspen Building
5675 S. Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Room S102 
2070 Interquest Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80921

Open for Enrollment Services & Admissions Counseling only on Tuesdays by appointment

Room S127
100 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903



Fill out this form and our team will get back to you soon!