We are open as normal unless there is a banner on the website indicating otherwise.
During inclement weather, the decision to go remote, close, or remain open is usually
made by 6:30 a.m. When that decision is made, we publish a banner on the website,
send text and email alerts, and publish info on Facebook and Twitter.
Pikes Peak State College stays open during normal operating hours unless roads are
closed, or in case of an unforeseen emergency.
When the college is closed, there are no activities and there is no access, other
than for essential personnel.
Here are the different ways you can find out the status of PPSC weather closures:
- Sign up for the PPSC Emergency Notification System, and receive instant updates on closure status via text message or email.
- Look for a sitewide banner closure message on the PPSC website.
- Follow @ppccedu on Twitter for tweeted announcements regarding campus closures.
- Log onto www.flashalert.net. This is a web service that lists closures for most of the local schools, colleges,
and large organizations. This web site offers an option for entering up to five numbers
to receive a text message.
- Watch for crawlers on the three local TV stations. They're updated every 15-30 minutes.
Also, you can check their web sites for closure information.
- Listen to various radio stations.