Home > Enroll > Military & Veteran Student

Military & Veteran Student

Military & Veteran Students

Military and Veteran students include active duty military, veterans, and their families. We are glad you are considering attending Pikes Peak State! Follow the steps below to become a student, or browse these resources to learn more about us. 
Download a ViewbookVisit CampusHelpful Tips

Military & and Veteran students include active duty military, veterans, and their families.

We are glad you are considering attending Pikes Peak State College! Follow the steps below to become a student at Pikes Peak.

If you are a Active Duty Army, visit the Tuition Assistance web page for your unique steps toward receiving your military educational benefits.
PPSC student studying together

1. Apply for Admission to Pikes Peak State

  • The admission application is free!
  • You can apply any time of the year
  • You will be accepted as a Pikes Peak State College Student

View the Admission Application Tutorial.
Tutorial de Solicitud de Admisión para Pikes Peak State en Español.

Connect with an admissions counselor once you are admitted as a student. They will help you prepare for the semester and create a plan based on your goals for classes and paying for college.

2. Complete New Student Orientation

New students must complete the mandatory New Student Orientation. The orientation is offered on-demand online.

All new students must complete the orientation before registering for classes.

Transfer students are encouraged to complete the orientation to learn valuable information to help them register for classes and succeed at Pikes Peak State. 
PPSC student on laptop
ppcc Army student

3. Determine your military benefit eligibility

Contact Military and Veteran Programs to see an academic advisor to plan your degree or certificate program and select your classes.

4. Make a plan to pay for college

There are several ways that Pikes Peak students pay for their education.

1. Submit the FAFSA or CASFA
Financial aid is based on your income and offered in multiple forms: 

  • Grants (money you do not pay back)
  • Loans (money you must pay back)
  • Work Study (a type of student employment)
  • Scholarships (money you do not pay back)

Complete your FAFSA for the desired aid year OR update your FAFSA with Pikes Peak's school code: 008896. If you do not qualify for FAFSA based on citizenship status, complete the Colorado Application for Student Financial Aid (CASFA).

If you need help completing the FAFSA or CASFA, we encourage you to attend the FAFSA Lab or visit Centennial or Rampart Range campuses to meet with a financial aid advisor.

Learn more about Financial Aid

2. Apply for College Opportunity Fund (COF)
COF is a tuition contribution provided by the State of Colorado to students who meet the qualifications to receive in-state tuition rates.

Apply for COF

3. Apply for Scholarships
Apply for Pikes Peak State College scholarships using the general Pikes Peak State scholarship application. The application is open between November and February.

Apply for Scholarships

4. Self-Pay

Pikes Peak State offers multiple self-payment options.

PPSC army student in uniform
PPSC student on laptop

5. Submit Official Transcripts

If you have earned college credit at another college or university,  order and submit your official transcripts to the Records Department. 

6. Register for Classes

Class registration begins leading up to the fall, spring, and summer semesters. 

Fall 2022 semester: Registration is open!
Spring 2023 semester: Registration opens mid-October 2022.

Each semester has more than one part of term. View the academic calendars to see your options.

PPSC Student Studying
ppcc enrollment services at centennial campus

Monday | 8 am - 6 pm (5 pm - 6 pm remote services only)
Tuesday | 8 am - 6 pm (5 pm - 6 pm remote services only)
Wednesday | 8 am - 5 pm
Thursday | 8 am - 5 pm
Friday | 9 am - 5 pm
Saturday & Sunday | Closed

Room A110, Aspen Building
5675 S. Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Room S102 
2070 Interquest Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80921

Room S102
100 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903

Fill out this form and your team will get back to you soon!

contact us

Enrollment Services


(719) 502-2000