Home > Records > Transcripts > Transcript Evaluation

Transcript Evaluation

Submitting Official

Fastest and Most Secure. Send official electronic transcripts directly to Pikes Peak at records@pikespeak.edu. Contact your previous school for options and details.

Electronic transcripts must be sent directly to PPSC from the previous school. Third-party transcripts or forwarded links will not be accepted.

By Mail:
Pikes Peak State College
5675 South Academy Blvd, Box C-8
Colorado Springs, CO 80906



Get credit for what you have done at other institutions. PPSC is happy to accept credit from other regionally accredited institutions of higher education.
Students who wish to transfer credits from another college to PPSC must provide official transcripts an declare a major.

Transcripts are typically evaluated on a course-by-course basis, so we are unable to evaluate requests via email or over the phone.

Evaluation Process

Initial transcript evaluations usually take 2-3 weeks to complete, however evaluation time may vary based on your academic circumstances and office workload.

Post-Evaluation - Next Steps

After receiving email confirmation of your transcript evaluation completion, please conduct a Degree Audit to review applied transfer credits, waivers, and exemptions for your declared Pikes Peak degree.

Students Studying Happily

Transfer Course Equivalency and Information

This course equivalency search is a tool students can use to see how coursework from other institutions typically transfer to PPSC.
The list is not comprehensive - but we continually update it with more courses and institutions as they become available. 

Using The Course Equivalency Search

  1. Begin by finding and selecting the institution below where you took courses.
  2. Click the arrow (>) on the left.
  3. Find your course in the left-hand column.
    1. NOTE: The right-hand column will tell you the PPSC equivalent.
  4. Select the View button next to the course for additional notes about the transfer course.
The information is provided only as a guide. 
Students in Learning Commons

Evaluation Guidelines

The following guidelines are used to evaluate transcripts.

  • Institution must be regionally accredited by one of the following agencies.
    • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
    • New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
    • The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
    • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
    • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACS)
    • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
    • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACSCU
  • Course content must be similar to PPSC's
  • Grade of C or better must have been received
  • Courses are evaluated based on the major and general education requirements - must be a college level course.
  • Credits must have been earned within 15 years prior to admission to PPSC

Blue Lightbulb IconOnce a transcript has been evaluated, an email will be sent informing
the student that the evaluation results have been posted.

Transcripts With a Previous Name

Re-Evaluation of Transcript

Transcripts With a Previous Name

Students sending official transcript from previous institution which shows a previous last name not on record with PPSC, the transcript may not be properly identified.

Please contact us at records@pikespeak.edu (or 719-502-2000) to update your records for timely evaluation.

Re-Evaluation of Transcript

To request a re-evaluation after changing majors, complete the change of major form and a transcript re-evaluation request form must be completed. 

The process takes approximately 2-3 weeks, using the same criteria as the initial evaluation. Students will receive an email the re-evaluation results are available and posted.