Home > Enroll > Undocumented Student Resources

Undocumented Student Resources

ppcc student and instructor during class

Undocumented Students

What we do to ensure no student is discriminated against because of race, ethnicity, religion, or national origin:
We believe deeply in diversity and inclusion. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment. Our policies mandate no discrimination or harassment of students, families, or employees based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, or many other protected classes.

Would Pikes Peak State ever share immigration status with federal immigration officials?
In most cases, the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) protects education records. We would only share information about immigration status if an official produces a legal order (subpoena or search warrant) to seek information on a student. We review all legal orders with our attorney before sharing documents.

Understanding Immigration Rights
For your own protection, do not seek advice from anyone except licensed immigration attorneys.  Filter by "Immigration Rights" in the resource listing below for more immigration resources.

Immigration Status and Tuition Classification
Undocumented students are not eligible for federal financial aid, but can be eligible for Colorado state financial aid and in-state tuition, which can make the cost of college very affordable. 

  • In Colorado, students who meet Colorado residency requirements are eligible for in-state tuition regardless of citizenship or immigration status.
  • Students who qualify for in-state tuition via ASSET legislation, are also able to receive the College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend from the state of Colorado which helps reduce the cost of tuition. Apply for COF online.

DACA Students

DACA is based on an order from former President Obama. It is a federal policy that applies to many young people who immigrated to the United States as children. It has allowed them to apply for a renewable, two-year period where the government would defer action on their immigration status.

If you are a recipient of DACA, consider contacting an immigration attorney now to determine your options. Additional information can be found at American Council on Education DACA Issue Brief and in the accompanying DACA Update article.

What should the DACAmented do?

  • Contact an attorney for additional questions regarding advance parole options
  • Consult with an attorney about initial DACA application or renewal options
  • Consider renewing your CO license to get another three years
  • Call your representatives and let them know your feelings about immigration reform:

Visit the official FAQ about DACA from the Department of Homeland Security.

ppcc student with their child at commencement ceremony
PPSC Bilingual Recruiter Janae Knipp


Connect with our Bilingual Recruiter, Janae Knipp. 
Office: 719-502-2453
WhatsApp: 719-505-3172


View the listing of resources below for assistance with and information regarding scholarships, immigration rights, community organizations, and more. 

*Please note that this is not an endorsement or approval of the sponsoring groups or any of the services, information or opinions in the links. CCCS is not responsible for the accuracy of the external site or for that of subsequent links. You may contact the external site for answers to questions regarding content.

Voices of PPSC

Mario Rivera Garcia

Voices of PPSC

You have more resources than you do in a bigger university and you get help with anything you need.

Mario Rivera Garcia
Current Student