Home > Enroll > International Students

International Students


Pikes Peak is a great place for international students to begin or continue their educational journey. We have flexible class times including evening and weekend classes and a variety of degrees that will transfer into multiple 4 year universities. At Pikes Peak State, students can begin work toward a bachelor's degree or graduate with a technical degree.
Eligible ProgramsCollege CatalogApply to Pikes Peak



Girl with glasses writing in notebook

Important Announcements

Apply and submit all required I-20 documents by:
  • November 15th for Spring Semester - classes begin in mid-January
  • July 1st for Fall Semester - classes begin at the end of August

*If you already have an F-1 or M-1 visa, the transfer student application and document deadline is 2 weeks prior to the first day of classes for the semester.

*Form I-20 will be issued after all required documents have been submitted and reviewed for acceptance.

Bachelors, Certificate, and ESL programs are not eligible for F-1 visa holders at Pikes Peak at this time. Please contact our office for more details at international@pikespeak.edu.

Not an F-1 or M-1 Visa Student?
If you are in the USA on another type of visa, are a permanent resident or have another type of immigration status, and do not wish to obtain an F-1 or M-1 visa, your admission is the same as other students. Become a student today!

How to Apply: Prospective International Students

If you would like to attend Pikes Peak with an F-1 visa to earn a degree - you must first apply for an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility to get admission to the college. After receiving your I-20, you may then begin the process of applying for an F-1 visa.

To learn more about the international student cycle, review the Study in the States website, from the U.S. Department of State. For any further questions, contact your international representative using the contact information at the bottom of this page. 
International Student

Required I-20 Documents

Your first step is to complete your online application for admission to PPSC. Please select "F-1 Visa" under citizenship type when you reach that area.

Important: Make sure you choose an international student eligible program on your application for admission.

After you apply,  you will receive an email from your assigned international representative within 2 business days. It will contain a link to upload the documents below.

Do you have questions? Please contact our office at international@pikespeak.edu.

  • High school transcripts or copy of your diploma or high school equivalency exam.
  • College transcripts, if applicable.

If you wish to have previous credits evaluated for transfer, an official evaluation of your transcripts must be made by a certified International Transcript Evaluation Service.

Submit a passport copy for each dependent.

If a dependent does not have a passport yet, enter the name exactly as it will appear on the passport, and send a copy of the passport once it is received.

Important: Inconsistency in the way names are shown on official documents may result in visa denial or inability to obtain a driver's license.

All international students must take Math and English placement tests to place into college-level courses before being admitted. There are online options as well as in-person options.

Follow the instructions in the handout below to complete your required placement testing.

Instructions to Complete Placement Testing

ATTENTION: Pikes Peak is not issuing I-20's for the English as a Second Language (ESL) program at this time. English proficiency scores must meet the requirement for degree courses without supplemental ESL courses. However, ESL courses can be taken in addition to the degree program as long as all requirements of the F-1 visa are met. Please contact your Pikes Peak international representative for more information. 

Provide one of the following:

  • Duolingo English Test: Minimum Score of 110
  • TOEFL (Test of English as  Foreign Language): Minimum Score of 80
    • Note: PPSC's institution code for TOEFL is 4291
    • PPSC only accepts TOEFL IBT scores
  • IELTS (English Language Test System): Minimum Score of 6.5
  • TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication): Minimum Score of 750
  • Transcripts, Certificate or Diploma showing graduation from an English language school or intensive program of English as a Second Language (ESL)
  • Transcripts showing passing an equivalent college-level English course in the U.S.
  • If already in the US, passing score on the English as a Second Language (ESL)-four part Accuplacer Test, taken on-site at Pikes Peak State College.
  • Proof of Coursework Completion with following credentials:
    1. WAEC/WASSCE (Grade of C4 or higher on the English Exam)
    2. UK and UK-style schools: Cambridge GCSE/IGCSE/O-Levels: Grade of C4 or higher on the English exam (old/letter grading scale) or 4 or higher on the English exam (new/numerical grading scale)
    3. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education: Grade of B- or higher on the English exam
    4. South Africa: National Senior Certificate: Grade of 60% or higher on the English Home Language exam or National Benchmark Test: Grade of 69 or higher on the English-version Academic Literacy portion

NOTE: Visa-seeking international citizens from these select countries are exempt from providing English proficiency test scores with their application package.

  • Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, United Kingdom

  • Original banks documents dated within the last six (6) months that show you have sufficient funds for one academic year of study and living expenses. The statements must be on original bank letterhead.
  • An official translation if the bank statements are not in English.
  • Financial guarantor's statement and housing sponsor letter (if supported by an individual or organization).

Amount Required for students starting in the Fall or Spring semesters* (9 Months): 

  • $35,915 USD for independent students
  • $25,430 USD for students living with a housing sponsor in the US at no cost 
  • $5,000 USD for a spouse and $5,000 USD for each child

*Amounts as of November 2023. Cost may be adjusted based on current estimates.

Full Info: Financial Document Requirements

In addition to the above documents, please also submit:
1. Copy of F-1/M-1 visa
2. Current I-20
3. Most recent I-94
4. College transcripts
After you are accepted, your current international advisor will need to complete a transfer form that proves you are in good standing academically and with your F-1 or M-1 visa.
The minimum GPA required to transfer to Pikes Peak is 2.0.
Students who have a terminated SEVIS record are not eligible for transfer to Pikes Peak State.

Eligible Programs for International Students

F-1 visa (Associate):

Make sure you explore programs eligible under your visa type. F-1 students must be enrolled full-time during fall and spring semesters, which means at least 12 credits per semester.

Additionally, at least 9 credits must be in-person or through hybrid courses. To help you stay in status with your visa, we have compiled a list of programs that meet these criteria.

Bachelors, Certificate, and ESL programs are not eligible for F-1 students at Pikes Peak.

M-1 visa (Certificate):

For eligible M-1 programs, please contact our office at international@pikespeak.edu.

Student in classroom



Academic Load and Performance

  • International students must enroll full-time in a minimum of 12 credit hours for the Fall and Spring semesters. Students are not required to enroll in the Summer semester. 
  • Students are expected to earn at least 2.0 grade point average each semester. 
Financial Assistance and Scholarships
  • Unfortunately, financial assistance and scholarship are not available for international students at Pikes Peak State College. All international students must have sufficient funds for their entire length of study.
International Transcript Evaluation
  • If Pikes Peak is not able to verify international transcripts for admission, we may request that the student conduct a general analysis with a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) institution. 
  • Students who have attended international institutions and want their credits evaluated for transfer must first have the transcripts evaluated by a recognized member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) and have an official copy of their course-by-course credit evaluation report sent directly to Pikes Peak State College's Record's department. Please see detailed information on our International Transcript Evaluation Website
  • Pikes Peak State College does not provide apartments or dormitory facilities for students. Students are responsible for securing their own housing.
Health Insurance
  • Pikes Peak State College recommends that international students obtain medical insurance coverage while in the U.S. You are not required to purchase a policy from one of the companies listed below, but they are options available to international students: 

Want to Network at Pikes Peak? 

Student wearing sashes and shaking hands at commencement

Contact Us

Pikes Peak's International Representatives


Elena Kirillova, PDSO

Email: Elena.Kirillova@pikespeak.edu 


Office Location

Pikes Peak State College
5675 S. Academy Blvd 
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Please note that our office works in a hybrid remote/in-person format. Please contact us first if you wish to meet an international representative on-campus. 

If you are a prospective F-1 or M-1 visa student, please email us at International@pikespeak.edu.

Phone: 719-502-2000 (For F-1 or M-1 Visa questions)
From outside the U.S. (U.S. Country Code 01) + 719-502-2000