My background info.
Digital Strategy Manager, Pikes Peak State College — July 2017 to Present
- Serves as primary contact creating high-level strategy and tactics for various digital
- Promotes the college through branding and marketing strategies.
- Leads Web Governance and Digital Accessibility Committees.
- Trains over 200 individuals in web editing and social media best practices.
- Manages and leads student employees and interns to complete website and social media
- Collaborates with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, and community
- Leads and executes content migration to new or different content management systems.
Board Member, Springs Ensemble Theatre — January 2015 to Present
- Serves as President and Treasurer of the organization.
- Manages and leads over 20 volunteer members to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Develops, maintains, and reports an organizational budget in excess of $50,000.
Development Director, Colorado Springs PrideFest — July 2016 to July 2020
- Serves as public liaison for the organization.
- Helps plan and execute an annual event with over 25,000 public attendees including
promotional, operational, and financial planning.
- Creates and executes marketing plan.
Marketing Assistant, TheatreWorks (UCCS Work-study) — August 2014 to May 2017
- Worked with Executive Director, Artistic Director, and Development Director to create
and execute strategic media plans for the organization.
- Created a 40th anniversary book in a collaborative process that involved multiple
sources of input and various approval levels from within and outside the organization.
Graphic Designer, Colorado Springs Independent — April 2013 to May 2014
- Completed graphic design work in a fast-paced environment to meet weekly deadlines.
- Worked with CEO and Editor-in-chief to plan and execute editorial and advertising
design to meet strategic organizational objectives.
Noncommissioned Military Police Officer, US Army — August 2004 to November 2011
- Managed and led approximately 40 soldiers working 24-hour rotating shifts.
- Planned and implemented programs designed for soldiers to meet army training requirements.
- Served two Iraq deployments, 2005-2007 and 2007-2009.
- Currently serves as District Director for the National Council for Marketing and Public
Relations, District 4.
- 2019 Rising Star Award, National Council for Marketing & Public Relations District
- Presented at National Association of College Auxiliary Services West Conference and
- Olin Merit Scholarship
- Daniels Fund Boundless Opportunity Scholarship
- Professional Silver and Student Gold American Advertising Federation Awards
- Bronze Star Medal, Army Commendation Medal (Valor)
- Eagle Scout
MGD 1056 - Emergent Media Practices.
This is a hybrid course I teach in the Spring. The course focuses on teaching basics
of digital marketing strategy and media planning.
National Council for Marketing and Public Relations
Springs Ensemble Theatre