Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Army Tuition Assistance
Tuition Assistance Basics:
Tuition Assistance funding is capped at $4000 per year OR 16 semester credit hours.
Tuition Assistance does not cover any associated fees or textbooks for the class(es).
Tuition Assistance Requests (TARS) may be submitted 60 days prior to start of class
and must be approved no later than 7 days prior to the start date. TARS will only
be approved for classes that apply toward the declared program/major with the school.
Requesting TA does not enroll you in a PPSC class--it only secures funding. TA funded
classes that do not receive a grade of "C" or higher are subject to recoupment by
the Army. This includes withdrawing from the class. If military duty prevents you
from completing the course satisfactorily contact the MVP office at Fort Carson.
Who Can help?
PPSC has a full-service Military and Veterans Programs office in the Fort Carson Education Center, Bldg. 1117, room 117 to provide drop in support by a team of Army TA subject matter experts. On site student support includes: application, placement testing or exemption, course enrollment, academic advising, and tuition assistance. This office also orders and evaluates Joint Service Transcripts (JSTs) for possible military credit automatically once you have enrolled in 6 credit hours with PPSC. Contact information: 719-502-4200 during business hours Monday-Thursday 0800-1700 and 0900-1700 on Fridays.
Fort Carson Army Education Center, Bldg. 1117, reception desk or call 719-526-2124 for ArmyIgnitED specific issues.
How to Get Started:
1. Become a student at Pikes Peak State College:
2. Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)--You may be eligible for PELL Grant to help pay for books and fees. Free FAFSA assistance for soldiers and their families is available through the TRIO EOC office in the Fort Carson Education Center, Bldg. 1117, room 108. Contact Robin Young at 719-526-6819 / firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule an appointment.
3. Set up your ArmyIgnitED v.2 Account: (New account setup required even if you had
an old ArmyIgnitED account in v.1)
What you need: Your CAC card, Your PPSC Student ID # (ex. S0123456789) and The Degree or Program you selected at PPSC.
Setting up your Educational Goal:
Virtual Briefing and TA User Agreement:
Creating a TAR (Tuition Assistance Request):
Last but not Least--
Let us know you are planning on using TA to ensure you are being charged the correct rate. Submit an Intent to Use Army TA Form
Request your Evaluated Student Degree Plan once you've enrolled in two TA funded classes.
Request an Evaluated Degree Plan -- Army TA Users
Please click on the PPSC Getting Started Guide for steps on becoming a student using tuition assistance (TA).
1. Attend a TA Briefing at your Base Education Center. Here is information on the local AF and Space Force education centers:
Schriever SFB Education Center
2. Register for classes through your PPSC Student Portal using Navigate.
3. Log into the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) to select your classes and enter the TA request information.
4. Submit for approval no sooner than 45 days and no later than seven (7) days prior to start of class term.
5. Your TA request, once approved, will digitally route to PPSC Financial Services.
For information on requesting an Evaluated Degree Plan click on EDP.