Home > Student Life and Resources > Student Ombuds

Student Ombuds

PPSC Student Ombuds

The PPSC Student Ombuds is a neutral resource available to assist students seeking resolution to problems or concerns relating to their educational experience at PPSC. The Ombuds can help students navigate college organizational structure and assist with understanding of policies and procedures.

Students, parents, and other parties may contact the Student Ombuds in any matter related to a student’s college experience other than one directly related to academics, instruction or advising.

course one image

When to use the Student Ombuds:

  • Don’t know where to go for help
  • Need advice on the college process for assistance
  • Need clarification about a college policy
  • Don’t know the proper procedure to resolve a concern
  • Facing a life situation that threatens to derail your academic progress and not sure how to get help
  • Overwhelmed by the hoops you must go through to get a service from an office at the college
  • Lost in college processes and need help to find your way out
  • Not satisfied with a decision taken and seeking a sounding board for available options
  • Have worked with another office on an issue but don’t seem to be finding a solution

What the Student Ombuds Does

  • Guides students through established procedures
  • Serves as an information resource
  • Helps identify options and alternatives
  • Provides referrals for services both on and off-campus
  • Gathers facts, conducts informal investigations, and facilitates communication
  • Reports trends to college administration
  • Recommends changes to college processes and procedures
  • Serves as an ad hoc member of the college’s Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
  • Manages the Student Crisis Fund
thumbs up

What the Student Ombuds Does *Not* Do

  • Does not receive, investigate, or intervene in academic concerns, including
    • CCCOnline instructional or instructor concerns
    • Nursing instructional or instructor concerns
    • Students expelled/dismissed from the Nursing Program
    • Class/course software, i.e., D2L, Pearson, etc.
    • Class/course materials
    • Concerns regarding instructors and/or their instruction
    • Concerns about classes/courses
    • Advising
  • Does not follow up a complaint on behalf of a student
  • Does not tell students what they must do
  • Does not participate in any formal dispute resolution processes
  • Does not conduct formal investigations

What the Student Ombuds *Is Not*

  • A legal representative
  • A counselor or therapist
  • A substitute for formal or already-established processes
  • An advocate for either the student or the college
  • An office of notice


Additional Resources for Common Student Concerns (*not handled by Ombuds)

Use this form to report an academic concern. An academic concern includes concerns with instructor behavior, class policies, and unfair expectations or demands. Use this form for class or course concerns, nursing instructional or instructor concerns, class or course software and materials, nursing program policies, CCCOnline instructional and instructor concerns.

Use the CCCOnline SOS Help page to get answers to your CCCOnline questions. Use the CCCOnline Complaint Form to report academic concerns related to your CCOnline classes and courses. Academic concerns include matters related to instructor behavior, class policies unfair expectations or demands, class or course software and materials. 

Use this form if you believe that you have been unlawfully discriminated against, harassed, or otherwise harmed. You can also contact the HR by phone at (719) 502-2600 or by email at hrs@pikespeak.edu to have your complaint investigated.

For counseling services contact the Counseling Center at (719) 502-4782 or stop by the Counseling Center between 8:00a.m and 5:00p.m. Visit the Counseling Center website here for more information.

Trained Navigators to connect you with community and campus resources. Call (719) 502-4525 or visit the Counseling Center for more information and/or to schedule an appointment.

Visit the PPCC-Community Assistance website to learn about community resources.

Visit the Student Life website to learn about available services. Contact Student Life Information Center at the following locations:

Student Life Department:

  • Centennial Campus, Room A-205. Phone: (719) 502-2522
  • Downtown Studio Campus, Room S-234. Phone: (719) 502-2538
  • Rampart Range Campus, Room S-207. Phone: (719) 502-2577