Home > Military > Benefits > CH35 Survivors' & Dependents' Educational Assistance

CH35 Survivors' & Dependents' Educational Assistance

Participation in a VA Education Benefits Briefing is Mandatory

All students using VA education benefits for the first time at PPSC are required to attend a VA Education Benefits Briefing

We know that starting college and also navigating the VA education benefits process can be stressful and sometimes frustrating. In order to help alleviate this, we have developed orientations for all military-connected students. 

This is an opportunity to provide you with valuable information regarding the support services PPSC provides and help guide you through the transition to college student.

Step by Step to Use Your Survivors' & Dependents' Educational Assistance at PPSC

Be sure to say YES to this question: Apply for the College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend on your behalf...?

Apply Now

Once you're logged in, select Profile at the top, My Path Settings, then select Veteran Support.

Log in

This is required by VA.

Send to: PPSC Registrar, 5675 S. Academy Blvd., Box C-8, Colorado Springs, CO 80906.

Email to: Records@ppcc.edu (this email must be sent to PPSC by the institution, not the student)

Note, while you can speak with any school advisor, our MVP Academic Advisor has the following hours of availability:

Walk-In Hours

Monday & Tuesday: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm

Wednesday & Thursday: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm


Virtual Appointment Hours

Wednesday & Thursday: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm


In-person Appointment Hours

Monday & Tuesday: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm


Download Instructions to Schedule Appointment 

  • VA will only pay for classes that are applicable to your degree program.

  • VA will only pay for remedial or developmental classes (below the 100 course level) that are taken completely inside the classroom. Justification that you need these classes is required by VA. Take the EdReady test.

  • VA considers college level hybrid classes as resident/traditional (100% inside the classroom) learning.

  • VA considers self-paced classes as resident/traditional (100% inside the classroom) learning if there is a classroom component. Students do not need to provide documentation to our office. Our office will collect the documentation on your behalf.

  • You must be full time for the entire semester in order to receive your full MHA (at least 12 credit hours for fall and spring; 7 credit hours for summer).

  • VA pays you, you pay PPSC

  • Check you student email account regularly. This is our primary method of communication with students.

Log in to Navigate

Log in to your student portal

You are responsible for purchasing your books and supplies. Since VA funding will not arrive before your classes begin, it is highly recommended you have alternate funding available.

A Pell grant and/or scholarships can help with additional educational expenses not covered by VA.

Apply Now

VA will only pay for in-state tuition rates with COF. 

If you are classified as a non-resident, additional documents will be required to determine if it is possible to provide you the in-state tuition rates.

If you are unsure about your classification, or feel you may need to submit additional documentation, please call 719.502.4100 or email mvp@pikespeak.edu.

Complete VA form 22-5490 if this is the first time using CH35.

Complete VA form 22-5495 if you have used CH35 before.

Apply Now 

  • Application confirmation page (5490 or 5495)

  • Certificate of Eligibility (COE) once it is received

  • Certification Request Form for each semester

    • This form initiates the process of submitting your enrollment to VA for payment.

    • You can select more than one semester at a time.

    • You will not get paid without this!

With these documents, PPSC will submit your schedule to VA for payment. However, if for any reason VA does not pay, you will be responsible for paying your tuition bill. We can be reached at 719.502.4100, mvp@pikespeak.edu, or in room C222 at the Centennial Campus.

Submit Certification Request Form


You are responsible for understanding how your benefits work. For the most current information, or a status check on your payments, contact VA directly at www.gibill.va.gov or 1.888.442.4551.