Home > Military > Benefits > CH31 Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)

CH31 Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)

Participation in a VA Education Benefits Briefing for CH31 is Highly Encouraged

Students using all other VA education benefits for the first time at Pikes Peak State College are required to attend a VA Education Benefits Briefing

We know that starting college and also navigating the VA education benefits process can be stressful and sometimes frustrating. In order to help alleviate this, we have developed briefings for students using VA education benefits at Pikes Peak State for the first time. 

This is an opportunity to provide you with valuable information regarding the support services Pikes Peak State provides and help guide you through the transition to college student. Attending a VA Education Benefits Briefing will help you maximize your benefits and avoid costly mistakes. 

Step by Step to Use Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)

Offers FREE developmental classes, tutoring and transition assistance.

Contact Us 

Be sure to say YES to this question: Apply for the College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend on your behalf...? Students using VR&E MUST authorize COF; VA expects COF to pay for a portion of your tuition bill. If you do not use COF funds, you will need to pay that yourself.

Apply Now

Once you're logged in, select Profile at the top, My Path Settings, then select Veteran Support.

Log in

VA requires you to provide Pikes Peak with all previous college transcripts

Send official transcripts to: Pikes Peak State College Registrar, 5675 S. Academy Blvd., Box C-8, Colorado Springs, CO 80906.

Email to: Records@pikespeak.edu (this email must be sent to Pikes Peak State College by the institution, not the student)

VA requires Pikes Peak State to pull and evaluate your JST and apply credits where possible. This will be done automatically.

Academic Advisors can discuss programs that match your goals, identify transfer options, develop academic plans and evaluate unofficial transcripts.

Our office will have an Academic Advisor available on Wednesdays to help with:

  • Academic degree planning
  • Changing majors
  • Selecting classes that meet your degree requirements
  • Information regarding transferring to a four-year school

MVP Academic Advising:

Centennial Campus (CC), Room C-222

5675 S. Academy Blvd.

Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Wednesdays 8:00 a.m.  – 4:30 p.m.

Schedule an appointment with our advisor on Wednesday’s through Navigate. 

Download Instructions to Schedule Appointment 


Note, you can speak with any school Academic Advisor. Please let them know you are using VA education benefits. Learn more at the college’s advising landing pageAdvising | Pikes Peak State College

  • Your VR&E Counselor must authorize your degree plan and classes.

  • VA only pays for classes that are applicable to your degree program.

  • VA will only pay for developmental classes (below the 100 course level) that are taken 100% inside the classroom. VA also requires a test score to justify the need. Take the EdReady test.

  • VA considers self-paced classes as resident/traditional (100% inside the classroom) learning if there is a classroom component.

  • You must be full time for the entire semester in order to receive your full subsistence allowance (at least 12 credit hours for fall and spring; 7 credit hours for summer).

  • If you choose 100% online, your VA payments will be greatly reduced.

  • Check you student email account regularly. This is our primary method of communication with students.

Log in to Navigate

Log in to your student portal

Order books by following this CH31 Book Ordering Guide.   You will need your bookstore authorization # from your VR&E Counselor.  Authorized bookstore charges are limited to required books and supplies and have a set dollar limit. Students will be responsible for purchasing any items not authorized by their VR&E Counselor.

A Pell grant and/or scholarships can help with additional educational expenses not covered by VA.

Apply Now

VA will only pay for in-state tuition rates with COF.

If you identified as a Veteran or an Active Duty Service Member on your admissions application, you should be receiving in-state tuition rates.

If you are unsure about your classification, please call 719.502.4100 or email mvp@pikespeak.edu.

  • Visit www.va.gov 
  • Select apply online
  • Select Veteran Readiness and Employment Benefits
  • Apply for Education and Career Counseling 
  • If it is determined that you are eligible, you will be invited to attend an orientation session at a VA Regional Office
  • This can be a lengthy process. Please plan to start a few months before classes begin.

Apply Now 

  • Your VR&E Counselor issues the authorization to PPSC. This document allows PPSC to begin the certification process.

If for any reason VA does not pay, you will be responsible for paying your tuition bill.  For questions, we can be reached at 719.502.4100, mvp@pikespeak.edu, or in room C222 at the Centennial Campus.


You are responsible for understanding how your benefits work. For the most current information, or a status check on your payments, your VR&E counselor is your best resource.